AdvR, Inc November 2020 – Current
Senior Research Scientist
- Principle Investigator of Phase I and Phase II SBIR/STTR programs.
- Lead scientist of quantum measurement lab.
- Technical lead for optical setups for testing, automated data collection, and equipment use.
- Taught and encouraged others to use Python to enable more complicated and/or time consuming testing and for presenting data.
Montana State University August 2018 – November 2020
Postdoctoral Research Assistant
- Built two imaging and electronic/optical feedback systems, one analog with photodiodes and active filtering and the other with high-speed-camera imaging and digital filtering.
- Designed, assembled, tested, and used printed circuit boards for a split-photodiode detector, analog-to-digital converters, and digital-to-analog converters.
- Programmed microcontroller and Python drivers for control of custom electronics and data acquisition, Python scripts for data analysis.
- Assembled and modified optical tables containing lasers, acousto-optic and electro-optic modulators, cameras, photodiode detectors, and single photon counting modules.
University of Pittsburgh August 2012 – August 2018
Graduate Student Researcher
- Programmed software suite that performed pulsed and continuous-wave optically detected magnetic resonance, precisely controlling timing of microwave transmission, laser illumination, and data acquisition.
- Designed custom hardware using FreeCAD and Inventor for mechanical support of experimental apparatus and adapters for mounting optical components.
Seegrid Corporation November 2011 – June 2012
- Generated and executed test plans for vision and odometer-based hardware and software on robotic forklifts as part of a small team, on-site and in the field.
- Collaborated with design engineers and scientists to test in-progress changes and prototypes.
Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. June 2006 – June 2011
Test Engineer (Senior)
- Performed hardware integration testing on electrical safety systems for nuclear plants.
- Trained contract personnel and directed teams of technicians during testing.
- Reviewed hardware documentation for consistency across functional units and communicated with design team to implement revisions.
- Authored test specifications and procedures.
- Created data driven applications using the Visual Basic, C#, and Java languages.
- Authored and reviewed all aspects of computer software documentation.
- Performed maintenance on programs written in C, C++, Fortran, Java, VBA, C#, and VB.
- Interfaced with internal customers for requirement gathering and software support.